Friday, June 9, 2017

Week 10 Topic 1: Reflection: Your Best Photojournalism





This photograph is my favorite. It invokes an emotion each time I look at it- in that I am laughing with this kid as she races for fun. Other than the overall motion and facial expressions during the action shots, this photograph stands out to me in the tight cropping and position of the subjects within the composition. Unlike my previous post where I selected one of my favorites in "Week 3: Forum Responses", I did not have much to edit in Photoshop: I cropped the frame a little and then converted the image into .JPG for the purposes of publishing on Blogger.

The immediate adjustment toward finding the right settings for the photograph, finding a perspective that conveys the overall mood and moment in an event through the participants in the event, really says a lot about what I have been working toward in JN134. Even though many times I can convey these ideas through more than one photograph, it does not always happen with just one photograph. (The Where, Who, When and Why)

For instance, when looking at other entries, such as Diversity Day, or even The Mother's Day Plant Sale, I really feel like it took much more guidance to answer these questions.

As far a progress is concerned, I really think this photograph also remarks on a specific moment in post-production. I was able to pick this photograph immediately when selecting images for the close up, mid-range, and wide-angle shots- then orient the rest of my decisions around it. After receiving criticism on my other photographs, I went back to the event after selecting this photograph. Overall, I felt an instance of clarity while pursuing better photographs for this project. Even though my other photographs would have technically worked for my submission, this photograph made me want to go out and get something better and more harmonious within the parameters of our Action assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Introductory Note: