Friday, April 7, 2017

An Introductory Note:

Salutations!
My first photograph was one of those cliche pictures of my father's feet.  I have come a long way since 1994, and though I tend to capture decent images with an entire human figure, there are still many aspects of photography to explore.  The concept of creative pursuit has always pushed me forward. 

In 2012, I picked up an internship that quickly became a paid position as a sub-contractor for a multimedia company in Alabama. It was here that I was able to fully submerge myself into the techniques of DSLR operation.  Though I enjoyed the lifestyle and career as a 'Multimedia Mercenary', I felt as though something was missing.

Eventually, I decided it was time to move toward something more meaningful for the community around me. 

So, naturally and impulsively, I decided to sell everything and move to Oregon in May of 2015. 

After a year of working and living in the Willamette Valley, I decided to go back to school.  I am currently enrolled at Linn Benton Community College as an Associate of Arts Transfer student. I am en route to obtain a Bachelor of Fine Arts, with an emphasis in Sculpture/Technology at an Oregon University.    

As a student in #JN134 (Photo Journalism), I am hoping to find a balance in the composition that allows the audience to see the raw tendency of life in society.  

I think that we, as a society, often find ourselves humming from place to place, or filtering ideas and thoughts into our own world without much contemplation toward what can be found outside of comfort zones.  I have fallen into this cycle before and am hoping to find that Photo Journalism allows me to understand objective, quick decisions based on life as it happens in pursuit of mechanical and visual truth.

I took this class to step outside of my own comfort zone and work on scale, composition and rendering as life presents itself, while also adapting technique to visually communicate the events and people I come across in a clear, objective manner, rather than a predicament of subjective statement or sentiment. 

Thanks for reading,
Angela Scott
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Introductory Note: